Monday, July 16, 2012

First Post

Dear readers, bloggers and 3D fans and alike,

Today is a big day for me as it is the first time I will post an article on my blog. I will post news weekly. About my work, jobs and interesting pieces concerning 3D artwork to share with you guys (and girls?).

The main idea of this blog is to get better at what I do, get more feedback and get to know more people in the Game industry. Also every Sunday I will post few images of artists who inspire me or who I admire. I hope they will influence your work just like they influenced/inspired mine. I would be honoured if you would like to follow my journey and help me at becoming a better artist thanks to your feedback and help.

Summary
I recently graduated in Amsterdam, the Netherlands where I have studied Game-art. During my course I had 2 internships. The first one at a web games company and the second at Guerrilla Games in Amsterdam. Until now on I've focused on assets or environment pieces but I never really did a complete environment by myself. Since few months ago I'm trying to learn more about environment art.


(Reference of Gears of War 3, all rights belong to Epic Games).

Recently I've worked on this scene that is inspired by Gears of War 3. The first chapter in this game takes place on a (old) ship. And I wanted to go for the same feeling but make it more sci-fi looking. The challenge here was to be efficient with texturing/modeling. But also enhancing the scene by adding more props and playing around with lighting.

Next time I might show more how I constructed the scene and post some work in progress shots. Underneath this post you can see the final result of my environment and of course I'd like to get your feedback on this.

Cheers,


Stefan Groenewoud
Junior 3D artist






No comments:

Post a Comment